ss_blog_claim=4a841906c2e7a6314a227bbdb4cc8079
Powered by Blogger.

Power Naps

>> Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lately, I have been lacking sleep. It might be the countless hours I spend multi-tasking like with the house chores such as watching my daughter, doing the dishes, the laundry, cooking, feeding the dogs etc. plus homebased teaching online, and blog duties. Whew! A handful isn't it?

By the time I go to bed, I am so tired and sleepy already. But when I wake up, it's as if I was not able to sleep a wink. My body may have been fast asleep but my mind seems to have been doing some overtime work while I was in slumber. The result is I feel real sluggish, grumpy and slow during the day.

I know some people would grab an energy drink to give them that extra burst of energy for the day. Others would "overdose" themselves with caffeine by drinking numerous cups of coffee. What do I do? I take a power-nap.
A power-nap is a short sleep which terminates before the occurrence of deep sleep or slow-wave sleep (SWS), intended to quickly revitalize the subject from drowsiness. - Wikipedia Source
It's very simple. We always let our kids take their naps when they come home from school right? Why not join them and do the same? It only takes 20 minutes. It seems real short. Trust me, this has helped me a great deal many times. It's the perfect recharger to help you get through the day.

It's not just renewed energy that you get from taking a nap, there are other benefits such as:
  1. Less stress.
  2. Increased alertness and productivity.
  3. Improved memory and learning.
  4. Good for the heart.
  5. Better health.

So the next time you feel a a little drained, just close your eyes, relax and take a power-nap.


If you would like to read more on power-naps, its benefits, and how to it, you can take a look at these very informative links: 10 Benefits of Power Napping, and How to Do it and How to Boost Your Afternoon Energy with a Power Nap.


6 comments:

imelda February 12, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

yeah i do this, too even at the jeepney or bus im taking. wow ur such a super mom.my kudos to you!

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Hello Mommy ganda...pareho tayo...minsan may kasamang headache...ehheh...ang kaiba lang satin..you'te teaching online..ako naman taking class online..tapos may bulilit pa na makulit...hehhe...:)

Yun pala pasta simple na recipe lang yun....all you need is pasta, 1 can of pasta sauce, 1lb of ground beef, saugsage, and mozarella cheese...yun lang...hehe...

brown mo yung ground beef, tapos ilagay mo yung sausage...din yung pasta sauce.

yung pasta kasi no boil yun...kelangan lang is soak mo sa warm na tubig for a minute...tapos yun na..layer layer nalang...top it up with cheese...hehhehe!

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

that's true...ako pa mahilig matulog....laging power nap...heheeh

Dee February 13, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

We are alike in that way. I sleep late and when I wake up in the morning, I really feel sluggish. Then I take a nap and I'm all alert after. :)

Oh, I've added your site to my blog roll. Have a good day! :)

Marie February 13, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

I do this very often especially when I'm at work. when I feel like I really have to sleep, I'd go to the toilet room, put the toilet seat down, sit on it and do the power nap for 10-15 minutes. And whallah! I'm alert again. I have read somewhere that people who do power naps are more alert than those who gets the normal sleeping pattern.

Kris February 15, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

@Imelda, Dhemz, Bingkee, Dee and Marie - Nothing beats taking a quick nap to refresh our minds and give us energy. Thanks for your comments! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Advertise on blogs

WORK AT HOME MOM REVOLUTION

MOMMY WORKS ONLINE

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP