ss_blog_claim=4a841906c2e7a6314a227bbdb4cc8079
Powered by Blogger.

Are you a CMT?...

>> Tuesday, January 27, 2009

...a Certified Multi-Tasker =) hehe..got you there didn't I?


I'm sure all your eyebrows were raised trying to figure out what that acronym stands for. It's just my own term for us busy mommies or should I say SAHMies and WAHMies...

People think that staying at home to work is a piece of cake but reality says otherwise. We all know very well that there are a lot of distractions when you have a home office. It's not just about accomplishing your work duties but trying to juggle it with mommy duties too such as watching your kids, preparing lunch and dinner, answering the door, attending to calls, doing the laundry, doing homework, naptime and the list goes on and on.

It's so easy to get caught up with all the activities that you need to do at that moment. And by the end of the day, you realize you really did not end up accomplishing the important tasks you set out to do for the day. This has happened to me often.

That's why I try my best to keep track of all the important things I need to do in my planner. Yes, it's still the old school way that I got used to doing ever since I was a kid in spite of having gadgets that can also do the job.

Here are things I do to manage my time and organize my day:
  1. Make a list. - I list down all the things I need to do for the week. These would include appointments, things to do, reminders etc.
  2. Prioritize. - I take note of which things in my list are urgent, have deadlines and needs my immediate action.
  3. Plan it out. - I plan out my week. I write out in my planner the things I need to do according to the day it should be done. This way I will not feel so overwhelmed that I have a lot to do since it has been spread out through the week.
  4. Color code. - I like to color code the things I need to do so that it will make the tasks seem lighter when I look at the colorful page in my planner as well as making it easy to spot.
  5. Check it off. - This is my favorite part - checking out from my list what I have finished doing already. It gives me a sense of accomplishment especially when all I have set out to do for the day are done.
  6. Be flexible. - There are some things that you just can't plan like a surprise visit from your in-laws or having to run to the grocery coz you ran out of oil for cooking. No need to panic or get all flustered since things did not go as planned. Just try to get back on track.
  7. Be positive. - If at times it seems things are not going as planned, just always look on the bright side and keep trying. You will get it done - eventually. =)


Do you have any tips that you can share with me?

11 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa January 27, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

wow you are so organized! i don't think I can do that, i'm too lazy to jot down things.

keep it up Kris!

~ leonore aquino ~ January 28, 2009 at 4:46 AM  

Yup, am a certified one too. In fact I have this throbbing headache now but it doesn't prevent me from doing this scheduled morning bloghopping, opening and answering emails and so on...after this I'll sleep away this debilitating headache. Moms like us can't afford to be sick...
Thanks sa dalaw! Cheers... :)

SHIELA January 28, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

you are a very organize momma. ako napakatamad magsulat sa dapat kung gawin kaya minsan nakakalimutan.

thanks for visiting all my blogs. appreciate it so much. sorry kung medyo na late yung reply ko :)

Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

yes!Im a CMT! haha!

I like the color coding,thats a good idea.

one thing i can add is: spending shorter time with your chores by doing them faster.especially washing dishes(oh,i hate it!) kulang kasi ang isang araw at never ending work pa. :)

good luck!

earthlingorgeous January 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

I raise my hands on this one! I am a CMT too nice term you coined. I love your notebook. I carry notebooks too they are so handy!

Kris January 28, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

to HipnCollMomma: me organized? i try to be..hopefully it's working..hehe

Kris January 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

to leonore: hope you feel better...

Kris January 28, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

to sheila: i know what you mean..i have my moments like that but i try to shake it off..hehe..

Kris January 28, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

to earthlingorgeous: i so agree with you..don't know what i'll do without my planner..haha

abby villa January 29, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

nice blog!my two centavos' worth of suggestion: connect your daily goals with your life goals. this ensures that each day you're doing what's really essential to you, not just the urgent things ;>}

Marie January 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Super mom.. that's multi-tasking at it's best. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Advertise on blogs

WORK AT HOME MOM REVOLUTION

MOMMY WORKS ONLINE

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP