ss_blog_claim=4a841906c2e7a6314a227bbdb4cc8079
Powered by Blogger.

Children Grow Up Fast

>> Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tomorrow, our daughter will be starting her regular school schedule. Her classes will be finished by three o'clock in the afternoon. Since she takes the school bus, she will be home in an hour or two after her dismissal time. She will be gone for nearly eleven to twelve hours everyday, five days a week.

It only dawned on me earlier that my husband and I will hardly get to spend time with our baby. She will be spending most of her awake time in school. We were both starting ftofeel sad especially me. I was so attached to my daughter since she was our unica hija.

I have always been hands on with Roberta. When I was pregnant with her, I decided that I would breasfeed her exclusively for as long as I can so that she will always be close to me, and that happened. I also changed my lifestyle and career path so that I could be home more often, and I was able to do that too. But I guess there are just some things that are beyond our control. Children grow up so quickly no matter how much time you spend with them.

This was exactly what I was feeling with Roberta . Though I did not like it I just had to accept the reality of life. I just told myself, make every moment count with my baby, make it memorable since there was no turning back time.This holds true for every relationship and everything we do in life.


"Carpe Diem"...Seize the day...

3 comments:

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 July 4, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

A child growing up is a fact of life. We can't hold on to our dear child forever. Right this time, we nurture them. Soon, they'll be having their "own life." The only thing we can do is to guide them...

imelda July 4, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

ur a hands on mom really. i admire u sis.

JETTY July 5, 2009 at 6:01 AM  

Kids do grow up too fast, aren't they? So enjoy every minute of it with Roberta, while you still can. Kids don't mind us hanging around with them now, but soon they might not want to be seen with us, you'll see hahaha...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Advertise on blogs

WORK AT HOME MOM REVOLUTION

MOMMY WORKS ONLINE

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP