>> Wednesday, March 18, 2009
School is out for our little one. She is officially done with preschool. Last Friday, it was the Prep Culminating Activity in school and at the same time the last day of school for all prep students. It was very entertaining to watch all of the prep sections prepare a special program number. But hubby and I were beaming with pride for our little princess, she was part of the opening number doing a short ballet dance with five other girls. (I will post the video later. )
It was a happy feeling to see Roberta finish preschool. Good thing she only had two years of it - Kindergarten and Preparatory. Because I know some parents who have there kids in preschool for almost four years if I am not mistaked - Nursery, Kinder 1, Kinder 2 and Prep. Whew!
Dada Vince and I felt sad that our baby will be in Grade 1 next year. This means she will be doing big school things such as:
- eat lunch in school not just recess
- more subjects to study from five in Prep to eleven in Grade 1
- more books to bring in the bag
- wear the big girls' standard school uniform and not the pastel-colored one-piece dresses
- be home from school in the afternoon not by lunch since full day schedule already
Waaa!!! I think I am having separation anxiety here just thinking what it will be like this coming school year when Roberta starts Grade 1.