ss_blog_claim=4a841906c2e7a6314a227bbdb4cc8079
Powered by Blogger.

Voice-less

>> Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Every weekday, I would get up early to wake my daughter up and prepare her for school. This was my regular routine. But yesterday was totally different. When I woke up, I had no voice! As in zero! Waaaa!

What I was dreading and avoiding happened, I lost my voice!

The whole day yesterday, I was in mute or silent mode. I think this was the first time this has happened to me. Before I would just get a really hoarse voice to the point that you can hardly hear me. But yesterday, everytime I would open my mouth. No sound would come out. It was awful.

I never realized that having no voice was this hard. It was so hard to communicate with the people around you. They either had to watch your lips and try to guess what you are saying or watch your hand movements or gestures. Now, I know how it feels to be mute.

I am just thankful that this was just a temporary setback for me. With a few more days of rest, drinking liters of ginger tea and gargling cups of warm water with salt, I would have my voice back.

After that, I would need to take better care of my voice and no longer take it for granted. I know I may not be a singer or anything but I just realized how valuable my voice was in my everyday life not to mention the profession I am in. I do not want and can't afford to loose it again.

But this does not mean I would be neglecting all my other senses. This was just a reminder to me and maybe to you as well that we should all take good care of ourselves and what we have because we are very lucky compared to other people.

As the saying goes: "Health is wealth."

1 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa February 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

hope you get your voice back in no time. you can try what i suggested, that one really works. bactidol works too.

enjoy your weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Advertise on blogs

WORK AT HOME MOM REVOLUTION

MOMMY WORKS ONLINE

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP